I truly hope you enjoy your day, no matter how you spend it.
Today is a day to give thanks for what we have. To remember some family traditions. To honor those who have made this amazing life possible.
Not everyone has exactly the holiday they would like, but I hope you have a bit of happiness today!
I’m heading out soon to run the 3rd annual Turkey Trot here in my little home town, the run is dubbed “8 before you eat” because it’s an 8K race, which is just a hair under 5 miles! I haven’t run that long in a very long time… so I’m taking it slow and easy. I’ll allow myself to walk if necessary, but I’m glad it looks like the weather will be better than the past two years.
After that it’s finishing up my dishes to bring to my sister’s and see the family.
I think the main thing about today is to remember to be thankful. It might be difficult for me today… I have no idea if my son will be there, but I’ve been praying he shows up. I’m not even sure how I would react if he does…. but I miss him so much.
No matter if that happens or not, I’m going to strive to be thankful today. To have a smile and a hug ready for everyone I meet. I’ll see some friends this morning, and it’s making me happy just thinking of them!
So here’s a short list of what I’ll keep in mind on this Thanksgiving:
- I’m thankful for my family, no matter where they are.
- I’m thankful for my health and my ability to run.
- I’m thankful for my friends, those I’ll see today and those I’m holding close to my heart.
- I’m thankful for the jobs my husband and I both have to support our little family.
- I’m thankful for music and how a song can enhance my mood, bring back a memory or just relax me when needed.
- I’m thankful for the freedom to worship freely as we did last night. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good.
- I’m thankful for my creativity and expression through writing and music.
OK…. I think there are a million more things to be thankful for, but you get the idea. It’s going to be a good day, a great weekend…. and I wish you all the same!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!!